The Keller Funnel™
Making Silicone Breast Augmentation Even Better
Silicone gel implants are growing in popularity because of their natural look and feel. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgery, more silicone gel implant procedures are performed than saline.
The Keller Funnel is a soft, sterile, cone-shaped device made from plastic that assists in the delivery of silicone gel implants during breast procedures. It’s a “no touch” technique that prevents potential contamination. It also makes the placement or insertion of gel implants easier. This reduces risks and the potential for long term implant rupture.
The Keller Funnel was introduced in 2009 and Dr. Connors has been using the Keller Funnel for over 2 years in nearly all of his silicone breast augmentation Atlanta surgeries.
What Are the Advantages of the Keller Funnel?
The Funnel’s specific advantages include:
- Shorter incisions (and thereby shorter scars)
- A no-touch technique
- Reduced risk of contamination and infection
- Reduced tissue trauma (and so less bruising) due to less force on the implant
- Improved comfort and faster healing
- Less damage to the gel implant wall